Configuring Outlook in Office 2007
1. Open Outlook. Select Account Settings... from the Tools menu.
2. On the E-mail tab, click New.
3. Select "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" and click Next >.
4. Select Internet E-mail and click Next >.
5. Enter the following information for E-mail Accounts.
i) Your Name: Enter the name you wish recipients to see when they receive your message.
ii) Email Address:This is the address that your contacts' email program will reply to your messages. This is also the address that will get recorded in your contacts' address book if they add you as a contact.
iii) Account Type: POP3
iv) Incoming mail server: Enter mail.yourdomain.com
v) Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Enter mail.yourdomain.com
vi) User Name: Enter your full e-mail address
vii) Password: If you wish for Outlook to save your password, check the box labeled Remember Password and enter your password in the text field.
viii) Click More Settings...
6. Click on the Outgoing Server tab, and check the box labeled My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Then choose to Use same settings as my incoming mail server
7. Click on the Advanced tab.
i) Under Incoming Server (POP3), the port number should be set to 110.
ii) Under Outgoing Server (SMTP), the port number should be set to 587.
8. Click OK
9. Click Next. Click Finish.
Configuring Outlook in Office 2010
1. If this is the first time you've opened Outlook 2010, the Welcome to Outlook 2010 Startup window will appear automatically. Click Next twice and continue to step 2.
Otherwise click the File tab, make sure Info is selected from the left menu and click Add Account.
2. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
3. Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
4. Fill in your account details.
i) Your Name: Enter your name (or the name you'd like people to see when you send them email)
ii) E-mail Address: Enter the address you're setting up, this could be a Plusnet address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a hosted domain address (email@example.com)
iii) Account Type: Select either POP3 or IMAP from the dropdown list
iv) Incoming mail server: For POP3, this is mail.yourdomain.com, for IMAP this ismail.yourdomain.com
v) Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.yourdomain.com
vi) User name & Password: Use the username and password for this email address
Vii) Click Next when you've finished entering these details.
5. Outlook will now test the settings you've entered. Click Close when it's finished.
6. Click the Send/Receive button (it's at the top left side of the Outlook 2010 window as shown in the image below) and your email will be downloaded to your Inbox.